Victoria declares ‘state of disaster,’ locking down millions in Melbourne

Victoria declares ‘state of disaster,’ locking down millions in Melbourne
Spread the love

Daniel Andrews told Victorians at a news conference that “we have to do more, and we have to do more right now,” as the state battles to contain a devastating coronavirus outbreak that had already stripped residents of their freedoms, livelihoods and social interactions and made it an outlier from the rest of the country.

“Where you slept last night is where you’ll need to stay for the next six weeks,” Andrews said, announcing a curfew between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. beginning Sunday evening and moving Metropolitan Melbourne into stage four lockdown measures.

In that part of the state, only one person per household will be allowed to leave their homes once a day — outside of curfew hours — to pick up essential goods, and they must stay within a 5 kilometer radius of their home. Melburnians…



Original Author

Please follow and like us:
editor

editor

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Live Updates COVID-19 CASES
RSS
Follow by Email