‘Serious’ gas leak forces closure of Winnipeg road: police
Emergency crews are responding to a “serious” natural gas leak in Winnipeg, according to police.
Officers said the gas leak is on King Edward Street, south of Logan Avenue.
According to a spokesperson from Manitoba Hydro, at around 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning, a passerby noticed a strong natural gas smell in the area and got in contact with the Crown corporation.
Hydro sent a crew to the scene and they traced the smell to a sewer in a parking lot in the 1800 block of King Edward Street.
Out of precaution, Manitoba Hydro notified police and the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service.
Repairs are ongoing.
Source: Glenn Pismenny/CTV News
Route 90 is closed to traffic between Dublin Avenue and Logan Avenue.
Police said there are major traffic…