Emergency personnel respond to multi-person drug overdose inside Surrey residence | CBC News
The RCMP say officers found five people unresponsive in a Surrey, B.C., residence when they responded to a call early Saturday morning.
Police say it was initially reported as a gas leak incident.
However, upon further investigation they say it was determined there had been no gas leak and that the five had all overdosed on drugs.
They say Surrey Fire Department and B.C. Ambulance Service personnel also attended and treated the parties with Naloxone, a medication designed to reverse the effects of opioid overdose.
Police say the five people were eventually revived and then taken to a local hospital for further treatment.
Investigators say no drugs were found in the residence so they don’t yet know what the five consumed, but they believe the drugs must have been highly…